The scientific-practical Law Journal “Almanac of Law” Volume 11 (2020), 265-269 p.
Shapran Y. V. Improvement of mechanisms of human rights protection through the prism of modern. law-making policy in Ukraine
The paper reveals the relevance of scientific knowledge of theoretical, methodological and practical aspects of improving the mechanisms of human rights protection through the prism of contemporary law-making policy of Ukraine. The scientific views of scientists concerning the shortcomings of modern lawmaking in Ukraine, as well as the implementation of the provisions of modern lawmaking policy are generalized. The practical shortcomings of implementation of the provisions of law-making policy in Ukraine were emphasized. It is substantiated that law-making policy forms a doctrinal definite, conceptual basis for improving the legal regulation of relations in any sphere of human life, including in the field of human rights protection. It is noted that a key feature of lawmaking, which distinguishes it from other types of legal activity, is its systemic nature, which is associated with a continuous long process of adopting the rules of law, their current change and updating.
The necessity to strengthen the effectiveness of human rights protection mechanisms in Ukraine has been proved, which is conditioned by the existing problems in the human rights protection mechanism itself, and is also confirmed by statistical observations conducted in Ukrainian society. Based on the analysis of the shortcomings of the functioning of human rights protection mechanisms in Ukraine, the ways of their improvement, which will correspond to the law-making policy of Ukraine, have been identified and substantiated.
Among the ways to improve the human rights protection mechanisms that will be in line with Ukraine's law-making policy are the following, which are of paramount importance in the current conditions of society and state development in Ukraine: 1) enhancing the role and importance of the activities of the European Court of Human Rights; 2) strengthening the mechanisms of human rights protection at the national (national) level in accordance with the requirements of international law; 3) to develop and implement a system of information measures in order to increase the educational (information) level of people in the sphere of their rights and the mechanisms of their protection and guarantee; 4) to improve the procedure of enforcement of decisions of national courts of Ukraine and decisions of international courts in Ukraine; 5) to strengthen the staffing of the state authorities and local self-government bodies in terms of improving the professional level of human rights personnel and their protection, including the introduction of competitive selection of civil servants in the conditions of passing the examination to determine the level of knowledge of the provisions of the legislation of Ukraine and international law in the field human rights, etc.
Keywords: law-formation, law-making, law-making policy, human rights, human rights protection mechanisms.
1. Prava i svobody liudyny v Ukraini rezultaty zahalnonatsionalnoho opytuvannia hromadskoi dumky. K.: Sfera, 2000. 116 s.
2. Nazarov V. V. Osoblyvosti mekhanizmu zakhystu prav liudyny u kryminalnomu provadzhenni. Forum prava. 2009. ¹ 1. S. 385-391.
3. Zheliezniak N. A. Poniattia derzhavnoi pravovoi polityky ta yii zahalna kharakterystyka. Naukovi zapysky. T. 21. URL : www.nbuv.gov.ua/portal/soc_gum/ naukma/law/2003_21/02_zheleznyak_na.pdf (data zvernennia: 12.12.2018 r.).
4. Arzamasov Yu. H. Vedomstvennoe normotvorchestvo kak typ yurydycheskoi deiatelnosty. Hosudarstvo y pravo. 2006. ¹ 9. S. 11–17.
5. Bachylo Y. L. O metodolohyy y yurydycheskoi tekhnyke zakonotvorchestva. Hosudarstvo y pravo. 2006. ¹ 6. S. 14–22.
6. Hudz D. S. Poniattia prav liudyny: zahalnoteoretychna kharakterystyka. Chasopys Kyivskoho universytetu prava. 2007. ¹ 3. S. 42-45.
7. Radziievska V. V. Shchodo pravovoho vyznachennia poniattia «mekhanizm zabezpechennia prav i svobod liudyny ta hromadianyna». Biuleten Ministerstva yustytsii Ukrainy. 2010. ¹ 3. S. 149-152.
8. Mizhnarodnyi Pakt pro hromadianski ta politychni prava vid 16.12.1966 r. URL: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_043 (data zvernennia: 12.03.2020 r.).
9. Kubiievych S. P. Okremi pytannia implementatsii mizhnarodno-pravovykh standartiv prav liudyny v Ukraini. Derzhava i pravo. 2008. Vyp. 37. S. 590-596.
10. Tykhyi V. P. Problemy utverdzhennia i zabezpechennia prav ta svobod liudyny. URL: http://vuzlib.com/content/view/110/91/ (data zvernennia: 15.02.2016 r.).