The scientific-practical Law Journal “Almanac of Law” Volume 11 (2020), 354-358 p.
Turchyn M. M. Social rights and social policy: the relationship and interdependence
In the general system of rights and freedoms of modern man a special place is occupied by social rights, which are designed to provide each person with a fair and dignified life, to create conditions for his proper physical and social existence, social and professional activities and more. Everyone daily realizes or at least seeks to realize at least one social right guaranteed to him by a democratic state governed by the rule of law. These include such important social rights as the right to education, the right to work, the right to health care, the right to rest, the right to housing, the right to a decent and timely wage, and so on.
Only a state with a high level of economic development can be social, and the social orientation of the state must be taken into account in the structure of the economy. According to some scholars, the moment of the real emergence of welfare states should be attributed to the sixties of the twentieth century.
When identifying as a priority function of socio-economic development the direction of ensuring the country's competitiveness in the world market, which today is almost the main principle of economic development of any state, we can not simultaneously neglect the function of social integration and consolidation of society, according to a number of studies, significantly increases the vulnerability of the population to the challenges of social risks, especially in a modern pandemic.
Key words: law, social rights, social policy, human rights, legislation.
1. On³shchenko N. M. Soc³al'nij vim³r pravovo¿ sistemi: real³¿ ta perspektivi: monograf³ya / N. M. On³shchenko, N. M. Parhomenko; v³dp. red. Yu. S. Shemshuchenko. – K. : Vid-vo «yuridichna dumka», 2011. – 176 s.
2. Dmitrenko Yu. Soc³al'nij zahist bez garant³¿ jogo real³zac³¿ – f³kc³ya / Yu. Dmitrenko // V³che. – 2004. – ¹ 4. – S. 62 (S. 62-63).
3. Denisova I. P. Social'naya politika: uchebnik / I. P. Denisova. – 2-e izd., ispr. i dop. – Rostov n/D: Feniks, 2009. – S. 16-17.
4. Bul'ba V. G. Soc³al'n³ funkc³¿ derzhavi: monograf³ya / V. G. Bul'ba. – H.: Vid-vo Asoc³ac³¿ doktor³v nauk derzhavnogo upravl³nnya, 2011. – S. 13 (264 s.).
5. Homa N. M. Model³ soc³al'no¿ derzhavi: sv³tovij ta ukra¿ns'kij dosv³d: monograf³ya / N. M. Homa. – K.: Vid-vo «Yuridichna dumka», 2012. – S. 425-426 (592 s.).