The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 13 (2022), 212-215 p.
Isaieva N. K. Tax legislation of Ukraine in martial law: problems and prospects
The article is devoted to the analysis of the current problems of development of tax legislation of Ukraine in martial law. In particular, the main task is to ensure the ability of economic entities to maintain their business, sources of income, economic ties, which will largely determine the level of filling the state budget in wartime. At the same time, the state must create conditions for taxpayers to be able to fulfill their tax obligations in difficult conditions.
It is important to note that the proper fulfillment of the tax obligation depends on both the optimal amount of taxes and fees that meet the ability of taxpayers to fulfill their tax obligations and the necessary enshrinement in law appropriate to the objective conditions of tax administration.
Necessary changes to the tax legislation in the conditions of hostilities and martial law should provide a flexible mechanism of tax benefits for the relevant categories of taxpayers, as well as a favorable procedure for tax administration and state control in general and tax control in particular. The list of taxpayers’ rights includes the right to enjoy tax benefits if there are grounds, in the manner prescribed by law.
The article emphasizes that today this is one of the most important rights of taxpayers in the country because complex economic problems, especially exacerbated during the war, are combined with a low level of social protection, which cannot be increased in such conditions. At the same time, when enshrining in the legislation a flexible system of benefits for taxpayers, it is necessary to clearly justify them.
The author also considers it appropriate to move to a progressive method of taxation while maintaining a flexible system of benefits for the most affected regions and the least protected categories of taxpayers and to legislate such a tax mechanism for martial law and reconstruction.
Key words: tax legislation, tax obligations, tax benefits, administration of taxes.
1. Podatkovyi kodeks Ukrainy vid 02.12.2010 roku, ¹2755-VI zi zmin.ta dop. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/2755-17#Text
2. Usenko I. B. Deiaki nehatyvni tendentsii suchasnoho ukrainskoho zakonotvorennia. Naukovi zasady derzhavotvorenni i pravotvorennia: istoriia, suchasnist i perspektyvy: materialy mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. (m. Kyiv, 19 chervnia 2021 r.). Kyiv: Vyd-vo «Yurydychna dumka», 2021.
3. Pro vnesennia zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrainy ta inshykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy, shchodo osoblyvostei opodatkuvannia ta podannia zvitnosti u period dii voiennoho stanu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 03.03.2022r. URL: zakon.rada.gov.ua.2118-22
4. Pro zakhyst interesiv subiektiv podannia zvitnosti ta inshykh dokumentiv u period voiennoho stanu abo stanu viiny: Zakon Ukrainy vid 03.03.2022 r. URL: zakon.rada.gov.ua.2115-22
5. Pro vnesennia zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrainy ta inshykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo dii norm na period voiennoho stanu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 15.03.2022 r. URL: zakon.rada.gov.ua.2120-22
6. Pro vnesennia zmin do Podatkovoho kodeksu Ukrainy ta inshykh zakonodavchykh aktiv Ukrainy shchodo vdoskonalennia zakonodavstva na period dii voiennoho stanu: Zakon Ukrainy vid 24.03.2022 r. URL: zakon. rada.gov.ua.2142-22
7. Hetmantsev D. O., Semchyk O. O., Shyshkanov O. A. Priami realni podatky. Pravova sutnist ta administruvannia: nauk.-prakt. posib. Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter, 2018. 372 s.