The scientific-practical Law Journal
ôAlmanac of Lawö Volume 13 (2022), 68-72 p.
╩aminska N. V. Parliamentary diplomacy and its importance in the conditions of martial law
The dynamic constitutional process since the proclamation of independence, taking into account the domestic experience of state-building and law-making, the results of constitutional, parliamentary and other reforms, has contributed to the expansion of functions and powers of parliament, forms of activity. In recent years, parliamentary diplomacy has become more important, structured, and new formats of parliamentary interaction have emerged. The importance of international parliamentary organizations and interparliamentary cooperation has grown due to the importance of developing and protecting universal norms of international law, establishing peace and security, protecting democracy, the rule of law and human rights in the world.
Therefore, the current evolution of inter-parliamentary relations is characterized by the growing role of parliamentary diplomacy, although classical international law did not recognize such cooperation as an institution of diplomatic and consular law. In modern conditions in times of armed conflict, such tools are effective, sometimes the only acceptable compromise ways to resolve conflicts between states, with the participation of interparliamentary organizations, parliamentary assemblies of international organizations.
The importance of parliamentary diplomacy as an element of multisectoral foreign military-political development in the context of Russiaĺs aggression against Ukraine, the effects of martial law, of course, is growing and its available results are obvious. This leads to further scientific research in this area, broadening horizons and strengthening parliamentary democratic culture.
Key words: parliamentary diplomacy, international interparliamentary cooperation, parliamentarism, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, martial law.
1. Deklaratsiia pro derzhavnyi suverenitet Ukrainy 1990 roku. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady URSR. 1990. ╣ 31. St. 429.
2. Shemshuchenko Yu. S. Teoretychna zasady rozvytku ukrainskoho parlamentaryzmu. Pravo Ukrainy. 2008. ╣ 1. S. 17-20.
3. Skrypniuk O. V. Teoriia konstytutsii Ukrainy. U kn. : Problemy teorii konstytutsiinoho prava Ukrainy / Za zah red. Y. Shemshuchenka. Kyiv, 2013. 616 s.
4. źTsyfrova Ukraina╗: konstytutsiino-pravova model / za zah. red. R. O. Stefanchuka, O. L. Kopylenka, Ye. R. Bershedy, O. M. Klymenko. Kyiv, 2021. 688 s.
5. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy vid 28 cherv. 1996 r. ╣ 254 k/96-VR. URL: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1% 80.
6. Slovska I. Ie. Zovnishnopolitychna diialnist Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. URL: http://dspace.onua.edu.ua/ bitstream/handle/11300/3500/%D0%A1%D0%BB% D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D0%B0.pdf?sequence=1&isAllo wed=y
7. Serohin V. O. Mizhparlamentske spivrobitnytstvo: poniattia, oznaky, pryntsypy. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V.N. Karazina. Seriia źPRAVO╗. Vypusk 23. 2017. S. 46-50.
8. Vstup do Yevropeiskoho parlamentskoho prava: naukovo-praktychne vydannia/ za zah. red. V. O. Zaichuka. Kyiv, 2015. 476 s.
9. Ofitsiinyi sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. URL: https:// www.rada.gov.ua/#adver1