The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 13 (2022), 231-235 p.
Kleshchenko N. O. Law-making activity in the post-war period: challenges and prospects
The article is devoted to the analysis of the challenges faced by national lawmaking in the postwar period, including setting priorities in the face of lack of resources, as well as optimizing lawmaking activities to regulate legal relations between the state and citizens in the context of postwar reconstruction. It is noted that we have a task to build a new system of relations between the state and society, which should be based on effective and high-quality lawmaking.
In order to function effectively, law-making activities should be based on a solid legal basis that regulates the legal status of law-making entities, procedural basis of law-making bodies, legal status of legal documents adopted the procedure for their entry into force, etc. The main directions and priorities of law-making are dictated by modern conditions and objective needs of legal regulation to adapt domestic legislation to the EU legislation, which is provided by Ukraine’s course of integration into the united Europe. The result of all these measures should be to ensure the rule of law, the legal nature of current legislation.
The main directions of improving law-making activities and further development of the legislation of Ukraine are, in particular: prompt response to changes in public life by the legislator and timely updating of legislation; in order to streamline the legislation to determine the concept of change (reform) of a particular area (subsector) of legislation; constant social and legal monitoring, which is able to clearly take into account changes in public relations that meet public expectations; consistency in the development of conceptual approaches to lawmaking; improvement of legal modeling as an effective means of normative-legal unification in law-making activity; scientific validity of legislative acts and social expediency of their introduction; improvement of the mechanism of the people’s fourth discussion of bills and optimal consideration of its results in the rule-making of state bodies; taking into account the world experience in the implementation of relevant institutions for rule-making and study of legal techniques; at the legislative level, the settlement of the issue of legislative technique, etc.
It is stated that the value of law-making activity in any period directly depends on the harmonious combination of interests of the individual and society as a whole, and on the other - the state as a whole, which characterizes law as a unique phenomenon capable of organization, coherence and efficiency public relations.
Key words: law-making, law-making activity, civil society, legislation, rule of law.
1. Ukraina 2022 yak ne vtratyty svii shans staty sylnoiu derzhavoiu. Ukrainiai Institute for the Future. URL: https://uifuture.org/publications/ukrayina-2022-yak-ne-vtratyty-svij-shans-staty-sylnoyu-derzhavoyu/
2. Husarov S. M. Poniattia ta sutnist pravotvorchosti v Ukraini. Pravova systema: teoriia i praktyka. 2015. ¹ 2.S. 55–59. URL: http://www.sulj.oduvs.od.ua/archive/2015/2/17.pdf
3. Ryndiuk V. I. Pravotvorsist yak vyd yurydychnoi diialnosti: prakseolohichnyi aspekt. VisnykK NTUU «KPI». Politolohiia. Sotsiolohiia. Pravo. 2019. ¹ 4 (44). S. 137–142.
4. Udovyka L., Hanzenko O. Pravovi zasoby pravotvorchosti v konteksti yevrointehratsii Ukrainy v YeS. Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo. 2017. ¹ 10. S. 201–205. URL: http://pgp-journal.kiev.ua/ archive/2017/10/42.pdf
5. Hlazunova S. M. Osnovni napriamy pravotvorchosti v umovakh yevrointehratsii. Pravova informatyka. 2013.¹ 2(38). S. 59–63. URL: http://ippi.org.ua/sites/default/files/13gsmpue.pdf
6. Didych T. O. Pohlyblennia vzaiemodii derzhavy ta hromadianskoho suspilstva yak peredumova vdoskonalennia pravotvorchosti v Ukraini. Pravo i hromadianske suspilstvo. 2013. ¹ 3. S. 11–20. URL: http://lcslaw.knu. ua/index.php/arkhiv-nomeriv/3-4-2013/item/119-pohlyblennia-vzaiemodii-derzhavy-ta-hromadianskoho- suspilstva-iak-peredumova-vdoskonalennia-pravotvorchosti-v-ukraini-didych-t-o
7. Plavych S. V. Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady pravotvorchosti: avtoref. dys. kand. yuryd. nauk: 12.00.01 /Instytut derzhavy i prava imeni V. M. Koretskoho. Kyiv, 2009. 16 s.
8. Teoriia derzhavy i prava: pidruchnyk / O. Petryshyn ta in.; za red. O. Petryshyna. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2015. 368 s.
9. Balynska O. M. Chynnyky yevropeiskoi identychnosti Ukrainy. Derzhavotvorennia ta pravotvorennia v konteksti yevrointehratsii: tezy dopovidei, vystupiv i povidomlen uchasnykiv II-ho Vseukrainskoho kruhloho stolu (m. Lviv, 9 hrudnia 2016 r.). Lviv: PP «Vydavnytstvo «BONA», 2016. S. 25–28. URL: https://www. lvduvs.edu.ua/documents_pdf/biblioteka/nauk_konf/tezyKonf_09.12.2016.pdf
10. Krasnytska A. V., Pidvysotskyi V. V. Yurydychne dokumentoznavstvo: multymediinyi posibnyk. Kyiv: NAVS. Lektsiia 5. URL: https://arm.naiau.kiev.ua/books/legal_documentation/ info/lec2.html.