The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 13 (2022), 318-325 p.
Tarasevich T. Y. Principles of somatic human rights as a basis for their implementation in the development of modern biotechnology
The article emphasizes that the creation and use of new technologies have a twofold impact on human rights. Technical and technological development makes it possible to increase labor productivity, which leads to the strengthening of the economy, raising living standards. In addition, the widespread use of new medical and biotechnologies improves the quality and duration of life.
The gap between the emergence and further improvement of new technologies and the pace of social change continues to widen, which is a problem for finding consensual social norms, their assessment by society and their formulation as legislation. In these circumstances, it is difficult to develop effective legal regulation of emerging social relations. At the same time, a balance must be struck between a certain breadth of regulatory boundaries for the free development of technology and research and the normative establishment of restrictions and prohibitions to prevent risks and threats to the human person, his dignity and rights. In view of this, the human rights system serves as such a legal mechanism, as it has the opportunity to offer legal approaches to regulate the use of new technologies, taking into account the traditional values of recognizing the superiority of the human person and his rights. It is concluded that the practice of using human rights remedies in the field of genetic research, features of genetic information (may belong not only to the individual but also to the community, not limited to medical issues), the possible emergence of new objects of protection (e.g. human embryo) raise the issue of the formulation of special rights, which is part of the system of constitutional human rights in Ukraine. However, not all of the above- mentioned human rights, which follow from the provisions of international legal acts regulating genomic research, are formulated in the list of current human rights in Ukraine.
Key words: human rights, generation of human rights, somatic rights, principles of law, rule of law, system, hierarchy, legal regulation.
1. John J., Cremona (1999). The Rule of Law as a Fundamental Principle of the European Convention of Human Rights. A Council for all Seasons: 50th Anniversary of the Council of Europe. Valetta: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Malta), 1999.
2. Kolodii, A. M. (1998). Pryntsypy prava Ukrainy. Kyiv: Nats. akad. vnutr. sprav Ukrainy [ukr.].
3. Melnychuk, O. S. (red.) (1974). Slovnyk inshomovnykh sliv. Kyiv [ukr.].
4. Podorozhna, T. S. (2009). Zakonodavchi definitsii: poniattia, struktura, funktsii: monohrafiia. Lviv [ukr.].
5. Blikhar, V. S., Tsymbaliuk, M. M., Haivoroniuk, N. V. ta in. (2021). Filosofiia: pidruchnyk. Uzhhorod: Vyd-vo UzhNU «Hoverla» [ukr.].
6. Kovalchuk, T. I. (2010). Zahalni pryntsypy prava. Entsyklopediia suchasnoi Ukrainy: elektronna versiia / hol. redkol.: I. M. Dziuba, A. I. Zhukovskyi, M. H. Zhelezniak ta in. Kyiv: In-t entsykloped. doslidzhen NAN Ukrainy [ukr.].
7. Hrokholskyi, V. L. (2002). Zahalni vyznachennia pryntsypiv prava. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu vnutrishnikh sprav. 19 [ukr.].
8. Bilodid, I. K. (red.) (1978). Slovnyk ukrainskoi movy: v 11 t. / AN URSR. In-t movoznavstva. Kyiv: Nauk. dumka. 9 [ukr.].
9. Il’ichev, L. F., Fedoseev, P. N., Kovalev, S. M., Panov, V. G. (red.) (1983). Filosofskij jenciklopedicheskij slovar’. Moskva [rus.].
10. Svydruk, I. I., Myronov, Yu. B., Kundytskyi, O. O. (2013). Teoriia orhanizatsii: pidruchnyk. Lviv: Novyi Svit- 2000 [ukr.].
11. Danylian, O. H., Dzoban, O. P. (2013). Filosofiia: pidruchnyk. Kharkiv: Pravo [ukr.].
12. Dereko V. N. Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady klasyfikatsiyi zahroz obʺyektam informatsiynoyi bezpeky. Informatsiyna bezpeka lyudyny, suspilʹstva, derzhavy. 2015. ¹ 2 (18). S. 16–22. [ukr.].
13. Dupras, C., Song, L., Saulnier, K. M., Joly, Y. Epigenetic Discrimination: Emerging Applications of Epigenetics Pointing to the Limitations of Policies Against Genetic Discrimination. URL: https://www.frontiersin.org/ articles/10.3389/fgene.2018.00202/full
14. Alston, Ph. (1982). A Third Generation of Solidarity Rights: Progressive Development or Obfuscation of International Human Rights Law? Netherlands International Law Review. 29.
15. Alexy, R. A. (2002). Theory of Constitutional Rights. Oxford.
16. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy: Zakon vid 28.06.1996 ¹ 254k/96-VR. Baza danykh «Zakonodavstvo Ukrainy» / VR Ukrainy. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text
17. Konstytutsiia Portuhalskoi Respubliky: soma redaktsiia, 2005. URL: https://web.archive.org/ web/20141025184809/http://app.parlamento.pt/site_antigo/ingles/cons_leg/Constitution_VII_revisao_ definitive.pdf
18. Deandzhelo Dzhozef. Vilna entsyklopediia «Vikipediia». URL: https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%94%D0% B5%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BB%D0%BE,_%D0%94%D0%B6%D0%BE% D0%B7%D0%B5%D1%84