The scientific-practical Law Journal УAlmanac of LawФ Volume 11 (2020), 201-207 p.
Paliy N.O. Partnership Biarritz: national context and international recognition
This article highlights the issues of equal womenТs access to professions. The purpose of the study is to analyse Biarritz Partnership platform as an international gender equality initiative. Biarritz Partnership gives an opportunity to learn about positive international experience that can be a subject for imitation and use in national systems, including in Ukraine.
At present, Ukraine has chosen a course to consolidate gender equality legislation, in particular, equal opportunities for women in profession. The confirmation of this is the initiation of Ukraine's accession to Biarritz Partnership.
In the course of the study, it was analysed recommendations, mainly for the countries G7 regarding implementation of the progressive laws to ensure gender equality. Specifically, it was analysed such areas of combating discrimination against women, as: ending gender-based violence, ensuring inclusive, equitable, and quality education and health, promote the economic empowerment of women, and ensuring full gender equality in policies and in public life.
The article focuses on the gender equality platform, which provides to countries the strategic opportunity to take a significant step toward equality through the adoption of laws and their implementation. In particular, the article analyses the Recommendation of the Gender Equality Advisory Council for advancing gender equality and the empowerment of girls and women and Call to Action. Recommendation of the Gender Equality Advisory Council contains illustrations of the laws of certain country, adoption of whose show positive developments in the area of women's rights. The platform of gender equality is created for discussion that allows leaders of G7 members and other countries to focus on gender equality, and in particular, on women's access to the profession. Biarritz Partnership draws countries' attention to urgent issues and encourages countries to dialogue to close gaps in gender legislation.
The article focuses on the importance of studying, discussing and researching the international experience of countries where there is a positive practice of implementation legislation concerning women's access to the profession. This is the key to a quality settlement of the issue of protection of women's rights in Ukraine.
The practical significance of this article is to explore the issue of women's free choice of profession. Such knowledge will help to remove barriers to women's access to economic opportunities.
Scientific developments in this field can be used to ensure gender equality, to amend in the existing legislative of Ukraine in order to protect human rights to women's free choice of profession and place of work.
Keywords: Biarritz partnership, gender equality, women's access to the profession, free choice of professions, protection of human rights.
1. BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Recommendations of the Gender Equality Advisory Council for advancing gender equality and the empowerment of girls and women [≈лектронний ресурс] / BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Ц 2019. Ц –ежим доступу до ресурсу: https://www.elysee.fr/admin/upload/default/0001/05/cfb1e2ba2b9aa09c1660f1b6df2cabbc815eecc2.pdf.
2. BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Gender Equality Advisory CouncilТs Call to Action [≈лектронний ресурс] / BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Ц 2019. Ц –ежим доступу до ресурсу: https://www.elysee.fr/admin/upload/default/0001/05/c47fb3263f613522a886e2636b40f0d55ec5ef6e.pdf.
3. УWomen, Business and the LawФ, World Bank, 2018. High-level Panel of the Secretary of the United Nations on the Economic Empowerment of Women, 2016. UN Women, Report on the implementation of sustainable development Objectives, 2018. - p. 23
4. УA Quantum Leap for Gender Equality: For a Better Future of Work for AllФ. ILO, 2019. УWomenТs Economic Empowerment through responsible Business Conduct in G7 CountriesФ, We Empower, United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, 2018.
5. BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Annex for the Biarritz Partnership on Gender Equality [≈лектронний ресурс] / BIARRITZ PARTNERSHIP FOR GENDER EQUALITY. Ц 2019. Ц –ежим доступу до ресурсу: http://www.g7.utoronto.ca/summit/2019biarritz/biarritz-partnership-on-gender-equality.pdf.
6. 2019, Women in Politics IPU/UN Women GOVERNMENT OF FRANCE. Feminist diplomacy: new commitments from France [≈лектронний ресурс] / GOVERNMENT OF FRANCE. Ц 2019. Ц –ежим доступу до ресурсу: https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/feminist-diplomacy-new-commitments-from-france.
7. Biarritz Partnership on Gender Equality. Declaration on Gender Equality and WomenТs Empowerment [≈лектронний ресурс] / Biarritz Partnership on Gender Equality. Ц 2019. Ц –ежим доступу до ресурсу: https://www.elysee.fr/admin/upload/default/0001/05/e8aa2525311a98227c935900abefdce7eb911896.pdf.