The scientific-practical Law Journal “Almanac of Law” Volume 11 (2020), 219-223 p.
Strashinsky B. R. The principle of reasonableness in law and its functional purpose in the system of principles of law
The problem of the functional purpose of the principles of law as a phenomenon of legal reality is central to the study of the theoretical and legal aspects of the principles of law as a whole. This research is potentially able to fill the gap of scientific knowledge and will facilitate further study of the problems of legal support and the practice of implementing the principles of law as a key means of ensuring human rights and freedoms. An important place in the system of principles of law is the principle of its reasonableness, the role and function of which is derived from the functions of law as a whole. At the same time, the lack of research on the role and functional purpose of the principle of reasonableness, as well as its practical importance in the current context of strengthening legal regulation in Ukraine, requires a significant strengthening of the scientific study of this principle, especially in terms of establishing its role, isolating its functions and their characteristics.
Research on the role and functional purpose of the principle of reasonableness of law requires a thorough analysis of the current state of scientific development of these issues, its critical reflection and the development of specific approaches to the characteristics of its functional purpose and role in view of the current processes of transformation of the phenomenon under study. The author analyzes the doctrinal approaches to the characterization of the functional purpose of the principles of law in general and the principle of reasonableness in law in particular. Critical evaluation of the functional purpose of the principle of reasonableness in law is given. Prospects of scientific knowledge of the principle of reasonableness in law are determined. The functional purpose of the principles of law is generalized and the functional purpose of the principle of reasonableness in law as an independent legal phenomenon is specified. The functions of the principle of reasonableness should be understood as the basic directions of influence of ideas of reasoning on law-making, law-interpreting and law-enforcement activities, determined by the essence and social purpose of this principle, with the purpose of ordering them. it is noted that the functions of the principle of reasonableness are characterized in that they are derived from the essence of this principle. The role of the principle of reasonableness in law is established and its functions are classified, which include: stabilization, orientation, ideological, educational, prognostic functions, the function of unification of the practice of applying the rules of law, their content is revealed.
Keywords: law principles, functions law principles, principle of reasonableness in law, role of principle of reasonableness in law, system law principles.
1. Vasylev A.M. O pravovûkh ydeiakh – pryntsypakh. Sov. hosudarstvo y pravo. 1975. ¹ 3. S. 11–18.
2. Lukasheva E. A. Sotsyalystycheskoe pravosoznanye y zakonnost. M. : Yuryd. lyt., 1973. 344 s.
3. Strohovych M. S. Osnovnûe voprosû sovetskoi sotsyalystycheskoi zakonnosty. M. : Nauka, 1966. 252 s.
4. Taranovskyi F. V. Uchebnyk ýntsyklopedyy prava. Yurev: Typ. K.Mattysena, 1917. 695 s.
5. Velykyi tlumachnyi slovnyk suchasnoi ukrainskoi movy / Ukl. V. T. Busel. Kyiv, Irpin : Perun, 2005. 1728 s.
6. Berezovskaia S. H., Kamynskaia V. Y., Lebedev M. P. Pravovûe harantyy zakonnosty v SSSR. M. : yzd-vo AN SSSR, 1962. 475 s.
7. Kazakov V. N. Pravomernoe povedenye y pravoporiadok : dys. … kand. yuryd. nauk: 12.00.01. M., 1999. 185 s.
8. Pyholkyn A. S. Pravo, zakonnost, hrazhdanyn. M. : Yuryd. lyt., 1976. 87 s.
9. Fatkullyn F. N. Problemû teoryy hosudarstva y prava : kurs lektsyi. Kazan : yzd-vo Kazanskoho unyversyteta, 1987. 334 s.
10. Stepanov V.M. O sotsyalystycheskoi zakonnosty. Pravovedenye. 1977. ¹ 3. S. 7–14.
11. Pukhtetska A. A. Aktualni pytannia tlumachennia ta zastosuvannia pryntsypu verkhovenstvo prava v administratyvnomu sudochynstvi. Chasopys Kyivskoho universytetu prava. 2009. ¹ 1. S. 116-125.
12. Sydorkyn A. S. Pryntsypû prava: poniatye y realyzatsyia v rossyiskom zakonodatelstve y sudebnoi praktyke : dys. ... kand. yuryd. nauk. M., 2010. 197 s.