The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 12 (2021), 165-170 p
Kotenko M. V. Methodological basis of scientific research of intellectual property as a value-legal phenomenon
The relevance of scientific knowledge of value and legal aspects of understanding intellectual property is revealed in the work. The philosophical and scientific basis of scientific research of value-legal aspects of understanding intellectual property is established. The scientific views of scientists concerning the understanding of the methodological basis of scientific research of state and legal phenomena and processes are generalized, the prospects of its application to the knowledge of value and legal aspects of intellectual property are determined, and possible scientific results can be obtained. It is concluded that the current state of scientific development of the problems of axiology of understanding intellectual property.
Having identified and established the functional aspects of the methodological basis of knowledge of value and legal aspects of intellectual property, it is noted that the use of broad tools of modern methodology of knowledge of state legal phenomena and processes has a positive value only if the methodological strategy of scientific research as a whole. the prism of a specific approach to its perception and understanding. Otherwise, the scientific research itself will turn into an artificial application of methodological tools, the result of which will be a wide range of multi-vector, inconsistent information about the subject of research. Therefore, it is important to determine the methodological strategy of the study, which will be based on a specific methodological approach (approaches), which will generalize the understanding of the subject of research, which will be taken as a basis: first, determine its cognitive potential; secondly, the definition of methodological tools of the study; third, the study of those aspects that are insufficiently disclosed in legal science; fourth, the formation of a conceptual idea of the subject of research based on the results of its scientific knowledge.
The author proves that it is most expedient to apply the «pluralistic approach» to the formation of the methodology of scientific research of value-legal aspects of intellectual property, which includes: 1) establishing the functional capabilities of generally accepted in the system of social sciences, legal sciences and legal theory methodological tools value-legal research of intellectual property, determination of cognitive perspective of its application; 2) determination of the advantages of a specific methodological approach to the value-legal study of intellectual property, which will determine the general cognitive strategy of this scientific work, which we will emphasize separately in the next section of the dissertation.
This approach, in our opinion, will combine the general doctrinal vision of the problem of value and legal dimension of intellectual property, determine its purpose, set research objectives, as well as to clarify the specific instrumental mechanisms for achieving it.
Keywords: intellectual property, legal value of intellectual property, methodological basis, axiological methodological approach, axiological aspects of understanding intellectual property.
1. D³dich T. O. (2018) Teoretiko-metodolog³chn³ zasadi pravoutvorennya (Theoretical and methodological principles of law-making) : dis. … d-ra. yurid. nauk : 12.00.01. K. 588 ð.
2. Fal’kovs’kii A. O. (2009) Ponyattya ta funkts³¿ metodolog³chnikh p³dkhod³v u suchasnikh pravovikh dosl³dzhennyakh (The concept and functions of methodological approaches in modern legal research). Aktual’n³ problemi derzhavi ³ prava. ¹ 1. P. 40–44. URL : http://www.apdp.in.ua/v45/08.pdf. (data zvernennya: 05.06.2020 r.).
3. Tarasov N. N. Metod i metodologicheskii podkhod v pravovedenii (popytka problemnogo analiza) (Method and methodological approach in jurisprudence (an attempt at problem analysis). Pravovedenie. 2001. ¹ 1. P. 31–50.
4.Teor³ya derzhavi ³ prava : navchal’nii pos³bnik (Theory of State and Law: a textbook) / Uporyad. L. M. Shestopalova. K. : Pretsedent, 2006. 224 p.
5. Skakun O. F. (2009) Teor³ya derzhavi ta prava : p³druchnik (Theory of State and Law: a textbook). K. : Alerta; KMT; TSUL. 520 p.
6. Luts’ L. A. (2010) Zagal’na teor³ya derzhavi ³ prava : navchal’no-metodichnii pos³bnik (General theory of state and law: a textbook). K. : At³ka, 412 p.
7. Khropanyuk V. N. (2008) Teoriya gosudarstva i prava : uchebnik dlya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedenii (Theory of State and Law: a textbook for higher education) / pod red. prof. V. G. Strekozova. M. : Interstil’, Omega-L. 384 p.
8. Zagal’na teor³ya prava. Normativnii kurs : p³druch. dlya stud.-yurist³v (General theory of law. Normative course: textbook. for law students) / Za red. d-ra yurid. nauk, prof. S. V. Bobrovnik. K. : Yur³nkom ²nter. 2021. 576 p.
9. Por³vnyal’ne pravoznavstvo (pravov³ sistemi sv³tu) (Comparative jurisprudence (legal systems of the world) : monograf³ya / za red. O. V. Zaichuka, N. M. On³shchenko. K. : Parlaments’ke vid-vo, 2008. 488 p.
10. Bobrovnik S. V. (2009) Komprom³s ³ konfl³kt: metodolog³chn³ p³dkhodi do dosl³dzhennya (Compromise and conflict:methodological approaches to research). Pravova derzhava. Vip. 20. P. 110–117.
11. Rab³novich P. M. (2003) Nauka f³losof³¿ prava: do kharakteristiki predmeta i metodolog³¿ (Science of philosophy of law: to the characteristics of the subject and methodology). Problemi f³losof³¿ prava v 3-kh t. Ki¿V–Chern³vts³ : Ruta. T. 1. P. 22–25.
12. Borodich A. A. (2005) Aksiologiya sotsial’nogo deistviya (Axiology of social action). Grodno : Grodn. gos. un-t. 275 p.