The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 12 (2021), 128-132 p
Varakuta I. O. The concept and essence of legal awareness
The article conducts a comprehensive analysis of the category «legal awareness», identifies its essential content andsocial purpose.
It is noted that the essence of legal awareness is that one should be well acquainted with the law (system of legal knowledge). In general, we can say that legal awareness reflects the level of knowledge of citizens of law and directly related phenomena. Knowledge of law primarily involves the reflection in the legal consciousness of the person of normative legal information, ie knowledge of the content of certain norms (principles) of law.
It is substantiated that the state of legal awareness in the form in which it should be present in society, is achieved through proper legal education - systematic, planned activities of relevant entities, carried out using various tools, methods and techniques. It is established that legal education is a necessary element of personal access to law, which forms the attitude to law, trains a socially active member of society who knows his rights and opportunities, is able to defend and protect them in all ways.
Factors that prevent the formation of a high level of legal awareness of the person have been identified. Among these are two current issues: 1) unsatisfactory state of legislation; 2) lack of a properly organized system of legal education and information by the state.
It is established that legal awareness has a high social value. A high level of legal awareness contributes not only to the fullest realization of rights, freedoms and legitimate interests at the level of a particular individual, but also the development of democracy, improving governance, strengthening law and order throughout the country.
Keywords: legal awareness, knowledge of law, legal education, legal consciousness, legal state.
1. Velikij tlumachnij slovnik suchasno¿ ukra¿ns’ko¿ movi (z dod. ³ dopov.). Uklad. ³ golov. red. V.T. Busel. K.; ²rp³n’ : VTF «Perun», 2005. 1728 s.
2. Dubina N. A., Turuta O. V. Problemi efektivnost³ zakonodavstva Ukra¿ni. Pravo ³ bezpeka. 2015. ¹ 2 (57) S.23-27.
3. Koval’ova G. P. Pravove vihovannya v kontekst³ stanovlennya pravovogo susp³l’stva. V³snik Nac³onal’no¿ yuridichno¿ akadem³¿ Ukra¿ni ³men³ Yaroslava Mudrogo. 2013. ¹ 4. S. 205-208.
4. On³shchenko N. M. Glasn³st’ ³ ob³znan³st’ u prav³: soc³al’na neobh³dn³st’ chi osobista potreba. Chasopis Ki¿vs’kogo un³versitetu prava. 2017. ¹1. S.4-7.
5. On³shchenko N. M. Ob³znan³st’ v prav³ yak kategor³ya doktrini ta yavishche yuridichno¿ praktiki. Visegrad Journal on Human Rights. 2016. ¹ 6/2. S.114-118.
6. Prikladna yuridichna psiholog³ya. Navch. pos³bnik dlya vuz³v. P³d red. O. M. Stolyarenko. M. YuN²T²-DANA. 2001. 639 s.
7. Shul’ga A. M. Znannya prava (pravo³nformovan³st’) yak skladova pravosv³domost³ osobi. V³snik Hark³vs’kogo nac³onal’nogo un³versitetu ³men³ V. N. Karaz³na. Ser³ya: Pravo. 2018. Vip. 25. S. 25-28.