The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 13 (2022), 28-33 p.
Parkhomenko N. Ì. The specifics of law-making under martial law
The article describes the improvement of current legislation of Ukraine through introducing amendments and additions, along with enactment of a new law framework, regarding the need of organization of state machinery and legal order under martial law. The operation of state machinery, the interaction between the state and institutions of civil society, guaranteeing and protecting the rights, freedoms and legitimate interests of natural and legal person depend on the legislative compliance with the real social, political, economic and military challenges. In such circumstances, legal support of reform of political system of Ukraine under martial law is the primary objective for law-making actors in Ukraine.
The problem mentioned didn’t receive a thorough research and monitoring. In general, law-making process under martial law has proceed in accordance with constitutionally defined organizational and legal basis, meanwhile having some specifics. Among these are: the improvement of legislation system was carried out mainly not through enactment of primary laws, but through introducing amendments and additions to the legislation in all legal fields; the legal acts of military command and military administration that received relevant authority to make laws, were disseminated; there was a revitalization of legislative development in the military sphere; certain provisions of current legislation continued to operate on the temporary occupied territories; the restrictions on certain rights and freedoms of citizens were introduced in accordance with provisions of Constitution of Ukraine etc.
Due to the adoption of extraordinary legal acts, the legal arrangements for legal order and rule of law were created; public relations were stabilized.
Key words: law-making, authority, emergency, directive, order, martial law, command, legislation.
1. Basov A.V. Pravova pryroda rezhymu nadzvychainoho stanu: teoretyko-pravovyi aspekt. Uchenûe zapyskyè Tavrycheskoho natsyonalnoho unyversyteta ym. V. Y. Vernadskoho. Seryia «Iurydycheskye nauky». 2007. T. 20 (59). ¹ 2. S. 81–86.
2. Zahalna teoriia derzhavy i prava: pidruchnyk dlia studentiv yurydychnykh vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv / M. V. Tsvik, O. V. Petryshyn, L. V. Avramenko ta in.; za red. M. V. Tsvika, O. V. Petryshyna. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2009. 584 s.
3. Zakon Ukrainy «Pro oboronu Ukrainy» vid 6 hrudnia 1991 roku ¹ 1932-XII. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/1932-12#Text; Zakon Ukrainy «Pro pravovyi rezhym voiennoho stanu» vid 12 travnia 2015 roku ¹ 389-VIII. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/389è19?find=1&text=%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82#w1_6
4. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy, pryiniata na piatii sesii Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy 28 chervnia 1996 roku. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/254%D0%BA/96-%D0%B2%D1%80#Text
5. Shmydt T. N. Chrezvûchainoe pravovoe rehulyrovanye: obshcheteoretycheskoe yssledovanye: dyss. … kand.yuryd. nauk: spets. 12.00.01. Barnaul, 2014. 191 c.
6. Shulhin V. Aktualni problemy kodyfikatsii zakonodavstva v sferi oborony Ukrainy. Pravove zabezpechennia pravookhoronnoi diialnosti u sferi oborony Ukrainy: zb. materialiv mizhn. nauk.-prakt. konf. Kyiv: NUOU, NAPrN. 2020. S. 73–78.