The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 188-194 p
Batanova N. M. Transformation of legislation on constitutional and legal responsibility
The article examines the strategic directions of transformation of Ukrainian legislation on constitutional and legal responsibility in the field of local self-government in the context of today’s challenges. Attention is focused on the need to systematically update the legislation of Ukraine on local self-government in the part regarding responsibility in the system of local self-government, which consists in improving the legislative regulation of the grounds of responsibility of local self-government subjects, legal sanctions, the procedure for bringing, releasing from responsibility and applying measures of responsibility in the aggregate, identifying the limits of responsibility and forms of guilt, replacing some types of responsibility with others, establishing circumstances that exclude the occurrence of responsibility in the field of local self-government, etc.
The expediency of the systematic updating of the legislation of Ukraine on local self-government in the part regarding responsibility in the system of local self-government is conditioned by ensuring the creation of conditions for the formation of appropriate local self-government, which provides that in case of improper implementation of functions and powers by local self-government bodies and officials, as well as the placement their functions, rights and the resulting adverse socio-economic, political and other consequences are formed on territorial hromadas.
The adoption of such special legislation would contribute to the process of formation of a legal mechanism of responsibility in local self-government, would be of great importance in the process of its formation and development in Ukraine, and would also have a psychological impact on changes in stereotypes of the behaviour of members of territorial hromadas. Under all conditions, the relevant specialized legislation will thoroughly develop the constitutional model of the mechanism of responsibility in local self-government and the guarantee of its rights, will organically complement the existing legislative acts, will define a complete system of delicts in local self-government and detail the specifics of bringing relevant subjects to responsibility, will create a comprehensive legislative basis for territorial selfgovernment hromadas. The development of special legislation on responsibility in the field of local self-government is of strategic importance in creating a legal mechanism of municipal government responsible to people.
Key words: constitutional and legal responsibility, constitutional delict, constitutional sanctions, local selfgovernment, transformation of legislation, legal responsibility, rule of law, democracy, law, decentralization, legal reform, legality, mechanism of responsibility, municipal power, municipalism.
1. Aktualni problemy stanovlennia ta rozvytku mistsevoho samovriaduvannia v Ukraini: kol. monohrafiia / za red. V. V. Kravchenka, M. O. Baimuratova, O. V. Batanova. Kyiv: Atika, 2007. 864 s.
2. Baimuratov M. O., Kofman B. Ya. Formuvannia mizhnarodnoho munitsypalnoho prava yak haluzi mizhnarodnoho publichnoho prava: do pytannia teoretyko-doktrynalnoho zabezpechennia protsesu. The 2th International scientific and practical conference «Modern education using the latest technologies» (January 17–20, 2023). Lisbon, Portugal. International Science Group. 2023. S. 96–105.
3. Batanova N. M. Polityko-pravovi problemy detsentralizatsii vlady v Ukraini u konteksti yevropeiskoho dosvidu. Chasopys Kyivskoho universytetu prava. 2021. ¹ 3. S. 79–83.
4. Detsentralizatsiia publichnoi vlady v Ukraini v konteksti zarubizhnoho dosvidu ta yevrointehratsiinykh protsesiv: kolektyvna monohrafiia / za nauk. red. prof. O. V. Batanova, dots. R. B. Bedriia. Lviv: SPOLOM, 2021. 388 s.
5. Krasnikova O. V. Konstytutsiina vidpovidalnist v systemi zakhystu pravovoho statusu subiektiv mistsevoho samovriaduvannia: avtoref. dys. … kand. yuryd. nauk: spets. 12.00.02 «Konstytutsiine pravo». Odesa, 2003. 19 s.