The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 195-200 p.
Bohinich O. L. The right to peace in the paradigm of collective and individual subjects: dualism of approaches
The article analyzes the evolution of the right to peace from its individual status (individual rights) to collective (community rights). It is argued that it is the mass violation of human rights in the conditions of military operations against a large number of people that causes the appearance of their collective right to peace as a derivative of the individual right to life.
It is noted that with the development of civilization, the individual right to life was transformed into a collective right to peace. Only at a certain stage of human development did the individual right to life undergo its transformation into the right to peace. It is about recent history, when the abstract ideas of the right to peace acquired their realizationin the respective ones international agreements and underwent their institutionalization in the activities of structures that had an international character.
Attention is drawn to the fact that the right to peace as a scientific problem was problematized in the context of collective law in the 70s of the 20th century. Specifically, this period is associated with numerous scientific discussions regarding third-generation human rights, which include collective rights, in particular, the right to peace.
There are six types of collective rights. This is the right to political, economic, social and cultural selfdetermination; the right to participate in and receive profits from the «common heritage of mankind»; the right to peace; the right to a healthy and balanced environment and the right to humanitarian assistance in the event of various disasters. In the context of the above, existing approaches in the scientific literature regarding the subject structure of this right are analyzed.
According to the author, the right to peace belongs to both collective and individual rights. It is emphasized that the right to peace in the 21st century is a general means of ensuring the realization of all other human rights.
Key words: the right to peace, individual rights, collective rights.
1. Bekhruz Kh. N. Poniattia viiny u mizhnarodnomu pravi: problemy kontseptualizatsii. URL: http://chromeextension:// efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/http://www.lsej.org.ua/2_2023/132.pdf (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
2. Berns H. Ueston. Prava liudyny. Prava liudyny: kontseptsii, pidkhody, realizatsiia: per. z anhl. / Pid red. B. Zizik. Kyiv: Ai Bi, 2003. 262 s.
3. Tsyt. za: Pankevych O. Z. Pryroda kolektyvnykh liudskykh prav ta yikh spividnoshennia z indyvidualnymy (u svitli Zahalnoi deklaratsii prav liudyny). Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii pravovykh nauk Ukrainy. Tom 25, ¹ 3, 2018.
4. Ivankiv I. B. Pravo liudstva na myr yak umova dotrymannia prav liudyny. Naukovi zapysky NaUKMA. Yurydychni nauky. 2017. T. 200. S. 27–31.
5. Noniak M. Pravo na myr: teoretyko-pravovyi aspekt. Naukovyi poliloh «Ukraina: derzhava i natsiia»: Zbirnyk naukovykh prats. Do 31-richnytsi vidnovlennia ukrainskoi derzhavnosti / Instytut derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy, Fond instytutsiinoho rozvytku ukrainskoi nauky. Kyiv: Vydavnytstvo Liudmyla, 2022. 292 s.
6. Dyv. Dennen J. V. D. On war: Concepts, Definitions, Research Data: A short literature review and bibliography. 2005. URL: https://core.ac.uk/ download/pdf/12857871.pdf
7. Ivankiv I. B. Vkazana pratsia.
8. Ivankiv I. B. Vkazana pratsia.
9. Ivankiv I. B. Vkazana pratsia.
10. Declaration on the Promotion among Youth of the Ideals of Peace, Mutual Respect and Understanding between Peoples. URL: https://undocs.org/ru/A/RES/2037%28XX%29 (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
11. Declaration on the Preparation of Societies for Life in Peace. URL: https://undocs.org/ru/A/RES/33/73 (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
12. Declaration on the Right of Peoples to Peace. URL: https://undocs.org/ru/A/RES/39/11 (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
13. Declaration on a Culture of Peace. URL: https://undocs.org/ru/A/RES/53/243 (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
14. Declaration on the Right to Peace. URL: https://undocs.org/ru/A/RES/71/189) (data zvernennia:31.04.2023)
15. Huban R. V. Pravo na myr v Deklaratsiiakh OON. URL: http://enpuir.npu.edu.ua/bitstream/ handle/123456789/35834/Huban.pdf?sequence=1 (data zvernennia: 31.04.2023)
16. Huban R. V. Vkazana pratsia.
17. Ivankiv I. B. Vkazana pratsia.