The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 235-241 p.
Kleschenko N. O. The effectiveness of legislation is the focus of post-war reconstruction.
The relevance of the outlined topic is justified by the fact that in the course of the full-scale war launched by the Russian Federation against Ukraine, a significant number of issues have arisen that require their legislative consolidation. In particular, these are questions related to the dynamics on the military-political front in the context of the war, which has been going on for more than a year; as well as issues related to post-war reconstruction. In addition, in the context of the national course of integration into the EU and the establishment of Ukraine as a legal state, the post-war recovery should include the genesis of special legal relations between the citizen and the state, and renewed interaction between society and political forces. In this matter, special attention should be paid to the institution of the state’s responsibility to the individual, as one of the main guarantees of human rights and freedoms. That is why one of the important tasks of the state is the constant assessment of the effectiveness of current legal norms, their improvement and updating in accordance with the needs of society.
In the most general form, the problem of ensuring the effectiveness of legislation can be solved on the following basic grounds: when adopting a legislative act, special attention should be paid to the observance of the methodology of adopting the law, as well as any other normative legal act, the requirements of the so-called «chain of effectiveness», namely: the need and social interest in such a law; goals that will be achieved with the help of thelaw; the adequacy of the means by which the law is implemented, from the point of view of achieving the set goals; determination of specific addressees of the law; control system for its implementation, etc.
In the context of the effectiveness of legislation in the process of post-war reconstruction, the Law of Ukraine «On compensation for damage and destruction of certain categories of immovable property as a result of hostilities, acts of terrorism, sabotage caused by the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine, and the State Register of Property Damaged and Destroyed» are analyzed as a result of hostilities, terrorist acts, sabotage caused by the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine» and Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine «On approval of the Procedure for providing compensation for the restoration of certain categories of real estate objects damaged as a result of hostilities, acts of terrorism, sabotage caused by the armed aggression of the Russian Federation, using the electronic public service «eRestoration». Emphasis is placed on the importance of these normative legal acts and attention is drawn to insufficiently regulated points. In particular, it is emphasized that there is no settlement of the issue regarding damaged objects that were repaired at their own expense. It is also argued that it is necessary to regulate the procedure for the formation of a commission for consideration of issues related to the provision of compensation, in particular, to provide for requirements for persons who can be part of such a commission on a permanent basis, and the procedure for making decisions on granting or refusing to provide compensation.
Key words: effectiveness of legislation, post-war reconstruction, restoration of damaged housing, martial law, «eRestoration».
1. Opolska N. M. Kryterii efektyvnosti normatyvno-pravovoho rehuliuvannia prava na svobodu tvorchosti v Ukraini. Chasopys Kyivskoho universytetu prava. 2020. ¹ 1. S. 62–66. DOI: 10.36695/2219-5521.1.2020.10.
2. Rabinovych P. M. Efektyvnist yurydychnykh norm: zahalnoteoretychno-poniattievyi instrumentarii doslidzhennia. Visnyk Akademii pravovykh nauk Ukrainy. 2008. ¹ 1 (52). S. 13–21.
3. Onishchenko N. M. Efektyvnist ta yakist zakonodavstva u fokusi vidbudovy Ukrainy. Almanakh prava. 2022. ¹ 13. S. 23–27. DOI: 10.33663/2524-017X-2022-13-3.
4. Pravo i prohres: zapyty hromadianskoho suspilstva: monohrafiia / Za zah.red. N. M. Onishchenko. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 2020. 367 s.
5. Birchenko Yu. I. Deiaki kryterii otsinky yakosti ta efektyvnosti normatyvno-pravovykh aktiv. Naukovi zapysky. 2004. Tom 26. S. 9–11.
6. Pro kompensatsiiu za poshkodzhennia ta znyshchennia okremykh katehorii obiektiv nerukhomoho maina vnaslidok boiovykh dii, terorystychnykh aktiv, dyversii, sprychynenykh zbroinoiu ahresiieiu Rosiiskoi Federatsii proty Ukrainy, ta Derzhavnyi reiestr maina, poshkodzhenoho ta znyshchenoho vnaslidok boiovykh dii, terorystychnykh aktiv, dyversii, sprychynenykh zbroinoiu ahresiieiu Rosiiskoi Federatsii proty Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy vid 23 liutoho 2023 roku ¹ 2923-IX. Ofitsiinyi sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. URL: https:// zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2923-20#Text (data zvernennia: 12.05.2023).
7. Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku nadannia kompensatsii dlia vidnovlennia okremykh katehorii obiektiv nerukhomoho maina, poshkodzhenykh vnaslidok boiovykh dii, terorystychnykh aktiv, dyversii, sprychynenykh zbroinoiu ahresiieiu Rosiiskoi Federatsii, z vykorystanniam elektronnoi publichnoi posluhy «ieVidnovlennia»: Postanovu KMU vid 21 kvitnia 2023 roku ¹ 381. Ofitsiinyi sait Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. URL: https://zakon. rada.gov.ua/laws/show/381-2023-%D0%BF#Text (data zvernennia: 12.05.2023).
8. ieVidnovlennia: Kabmin zmenshyv z 500 do 200 tysiach hrn rozmir kompensatsii hromadianam za poshkodzhene maino cherez viinu. Sudovo-yurydychna hazeta. URL: https://sud.ua/uk/news/publication/270240- yevidnovlennya-kabmin-umenshil-s-500-do-200-tysyach-grn-razmer-kompensatsii-grazhdanam-zapovrezhdennoe-imuschestvo-iz-za-voyny#:~:text (data zvernennia: 12.05.2023).
9. ieVidnovlennia: za dobu podano ponad 3 000 zaiav. URL: Korespondent. URL: https://ua.korrespondent.net/ukraine/4588678-yevidnovlennia-za-dobu-podano-ponad-3-000-zaiav (data zvernennia: 15.05.2023).
10. Onishchenko N. M. Problema efektyvnosti zakonodavstva ta suchasnyi rozvytok. Viche. 2007. ¹ 12. (¹ 12 (spetsvypusk)). S. 3–6. URL: https://veche.kiev.ua/journal/607/ (data zvernennia: 03.05.2023).