The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 41-47 p.
Kvasha O. O. Actual problems of the criminal and legal policy of Ukraine in the conditions of war
Scientific research in the field of criminal and legal counteraction to corruption should be aimed at achieving such a result as minimizing the causes and conditions of corruption and corruption-related offenses, reducing their destructive impact on the already weakened economy, as well as the welfare of the Ukrainian population, the inevitability of being drawn to criminal liability of all persons involved in corruption. The norms on collaborationism, which were adopted in a hurry, have already been criticized by domestic scientists and need improvement. After the de-occupation of all our territories, it is impossible to allow unjustified prosecution of Ukrainian citizens who did not participate in collaborative activities. After the victory in this war, Ukraine, as a victim of the most brutal crime of aggression by Russia in the 21st century, having already some experience in countering the commission of international crimes and their investigation, should initiate the creation of the Code of International Crimes.
Protection of victims from crimes is an actual area of criminal law policy. Despite the fact that the term «victim» is used by other sciences of the legal cycle, its meaning is directly related to criminal law. In recent years, the issue of classifying the victim as a subject of material criminal law relations has been actively discussed.
Current problems of the criminal law policy of Ukraine, the most important in the conditions of war, can be divided into three groups. The first is the traditionally priority areas that only increased their relevance during the war (fighting corruption, terrorism, organized crime, etc.). The criminal law protection against corruption in all spheres, primarily in the sphere of defense, is the important factor that will contribute to the victory of our state over Russia. The most recent are directions that became relevant during the war (combating international and military criminal offenses, crimes against the foundations of national security (against the state), expanding the list of circumstances that exclude the criminal illegality of an act). The concept of self-defense as legitimate defense comes from domestic law, primarily criminal law. Necessary defense against the actions of an aggressor should be considered as legitimate socially beneficial violence. The predicted directions, which are actualized during the period of post-war reconstruction of the state, are countermeasures against the increase in the level of violent crime, suicides, and crimes related to the use of weapons.
Key words: criminal law policy, counteraction, corruption, organized crime, violence, necessary defense, fair justice, international crime, war crime, crimes against the foundations of national security of Ukraine, criminal organization, terrorism, collaborationism, state security, victim.
1.Melnyk M. I. Antykoruptsiina diialnist derzhavy: problema vidpovidnosti Konstytutsii Ukrainy. Zabezpechennia pravoporiadku v umovakh koronakryzy: mat-ly panelnoi dyskusii IV Kharkiv. Mizhnarod. yuryd. forum. Kharkiv, 23–24 veresnia. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2020. S. 157–166.
2. Malakhov H. B. Kryminalno-pravova polityka u sferi derzhavnoi bezpeky Ukrainy. Yurydychnyi naukovyi elektronnyi zhurnal. ¹ 4/2021. S. 459-462. URL: http://www.lsej.org.ua/4_2021/116.pdf
3. «Vnutrishnii voroh Ukrainy» – zvit Helsinskoi komisii SShA. URL: https://ukrainian.voanews.com/a/ vnutrishny-voroh/4073627.html
4. Burba V. V., Suvorov O. M. Koruptsiini ryzyky yak skladova terorystychnykh proiaviv v konteksti hibrydnoi viiny. URL: http://www.academy.ssu.gov.ua/ua/page/page_1581428685.htm
5. Mykhailenko D. H. Problemy formuvannia ta realizatsii politychnoi voli protydiiaty koruptsii v Ukraini. Pravovyi vplyv na nepravomirnu povedinku: aktualni hrani. monohr. / za red. O. V. Kozachenka, Ye. L. Streltsova. Mykolaiv: Ilion, 2016. S. 207–238.
6. Kvasha O. O. Politychna volia − neobkhidna umova efektyvnoi protydii koruptsii. Pravova derzhava. Vyp. 31.Kyiv: In-t derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy, 2020. S. 359–365.
7. Postanova Verkhovnoho Sudu vid 5 lypnia 2018 roku u spravi ¹ 225/6151/15-k. URL: https://verdictum.ligazakon.net/document/75241808
8. Tubelets O. S. Realizatsiia kryminalno-pravovoi polityky Ukrainy shliakhom zastosuvannia kryminalnoho zakonu: Monohraf. Kyiv: Parlam. vyd-vo, 2021. 424 s.
9. Navrotskyi V. O. Naskrizni kryminalno-pravovi poniattia: navch. posib. Kyiv: Yurinkom Inter, 2023. 376 s.
10. Kvasha O. O. Vdoskonalennia zakonodavstva u sferi protydii orhanizovanym formam zlochynnosti: iliuzii tarealnist. Pravova derzhava. Vyp. 32. Kyiv: In-t derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy, 2021. S.394–403.
11. Pro skhvalennia Stratehii borotby z orhanizovanoiu zlochynnistiu. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/1126-2020-%D1%80#Text
12.Berkii T. M. Kryminolohichna kharakterystyka ta poperedzhennia separatyzmu v Ukraini: dys. … kand. yuryd. nauk. Lviv, 2021. 223 s.
13. Kvasha O. O. Rodovyi obiekt zlochyniv pershoho rozdilu Osoblyvoi chastyny Kryminalnoho kodeksu Ukrainy: derzhava & natsionalna bezpeka. Pravo Ukrainy. 2022. ¹ 11. S. 24–36.
14. Tekst proiektu novoho Kryminalnoho kodeksu Ukrainy. URL: https://newcriminalcode.org.ua/upload/ media/2023/05/19/kontrolnyj-tekst-proektu-kk-19-05-2023.pdf
15. Slobodianiuk P. L. sudovyi zakhyst prav poterpiloho v Ukraini yak konstytutsiino-pravova harantiia: monohrafiia. Kyiv: Parlam. vyd-vo, 2023. 232 s