The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 259-264 p.
Make³eva Î. Ì. Legal communication in the conditions of transformation of legislation.
Òhe article examines the theoretical and legal foundations of legal communication in the context of the transformation of legislation, its role in ensuring the effectiveness of legislation. Building a modern information society requires the application of high-quality and effective legislation. After all, the level of protection of citizens’ rights and freedoms and law and order in the state depend on the effectiveness of legislation. High-quality legislation forms the harmonious development of society and the state, reduces conflicts and promotes development. In the conditions of the transformation of legislation, legal communication plays a particularly important role in ensuring the effectiveness of the law-making process. Legislation transformation involves making changes to the legal system to respond to new societal needs, technological progress, political changes, or other factors. Today it is worth clarifying the question: what is the role of legal communication in ensuring the effectiveness of legislation? In the conditions of full-scale Russian aggression, the problem of the role of legal communication in ensuring the effectiveness of legislation is urgent and requires scientific research. The functions of legal communication contribute to greater openness, understanding and participation of the public in the process of transformation of legislation. They help create a legitimate and effective legal system that takes into account the needs and interests of society.
The thesis that legal communication and law-making are closely interrelated processes in the legal system is substantiated. Law-making involves the creation, amendment and repeal of laws, while legal communication encompasses the exchange of information and ideas related to law. It concludes that effective legal communication during the law-making process is critical to transparency, accountability and ensuring that laws are well-drafted, fair and reflect society’s needs and values.
This allows for informed decision-making, collaboration, and the inclusion of diverse perspectives in creating and changing laws. Legal communication has been proven to be a key element of success in the law transformation process, as it helps to ensure understanding, participation and support of stakeholders, and creates a basis for effective application of new rules and changes in the legal system.
Key words: legal communication, legislation, effectiveness of legislation, law-making, law-making process.
1. Bondarenko V. A., Fedyshyn O. M. Znachennia ta osoblyvosti pravovoi komunikatsii: zarubizhnyi dosvid. Analitychno-porivnialne pravoznavstvo. 2023. ¹ 2. S. 15–19. DOI https://doi.org/10.24144/2788 6018.2023.01.1
2. Onishchenko N. M. Prava, svobody i zakonni interesy yak zahalnoliudski nadbannia. Formation of innovative potential of world science:collectionof scientific papers «SCIENTIA» with Proceedings of theIInternational Scientific and Theoretical Conference (Vol.1), May7, 2021. Tel Aviv, State of Israel: European Scientific Platform. R. 86–88. URL:https://ojs.ukrlogos.in.ua/index.php/scientia/issue/view/07.05.2021/525
3. Chornolutskyi R. V. Teoretychni problemy pidvyshchennia yakosti zakonodavchykh aktiv u normotvorchii (normoproektnii) diialnosti. Derzhava i pravo. Seriia «Iurydychni nauky». zb. nauk. prats. 2015. Vyp. 67. S. 11–34.
4. Makeieva O. M. Poniattia i sutnist pravovoi komunikatsii v suchasnomu informatsiinomu prostori. Naukovi pratsi Natsionalnoho aviatsiinoho universytetu. Seriia: Yurydychnyi visnyk «Povitriane i kosmichne pravo». 2017. ¹ 3 (44) S. 35–41.
5. Tokarska A. S. Pravova komunikatsiia: teoriia i yii praktyka. Zhurnal skhidnoievropeiskoho prava. 2016. ¹ 25. S. 38–44.
6. Onishchenko N. M. Komunikatsiina skladova harmonizatsii hromadianskoho suspilstva. Filosofski ta metodolohichni problemy prava. 2014. ¹ 1. S. 182–195.