The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 27-33 p.
Parkhomenko N. M. Streamlining legislation as a way to increase its effectiveness at the present stage
Legislation as a system of normative legal acts is one of the legal means of regulating social relations, the quality and timeliness of the adoption and application of which determines its effectiveness. Effectiveness of legislation has been and is one of the problems at any historical stage of state formation, because it determines the stability and development of all social relations in respect of which legal influence is carried out. The problem of the effectiveness of legislation in conditions of emergency, including martial law, is of great importance, since ensuring the full functioning of public power, the economy, ensuring and restoring the rights and freedoms of citizens, the country’s defense capability in the conditions of the ongoing war, directly depends on legal support, its compliance with objective realities and the ability to exert an ordering influence on social relations.
In connection with martial law and Ukraine’s acquisition of the status of a candidate for EU membership, the subjects of lawmaking adopt a significant number of legal acts, both primary and those that amend and supplement existing and existing ones, different legal force, in different spheres of public relations, designed for different periods of action, which sometimes contradict each other, do not have systemic links with the current legislation and thus reduce the level of effectiveness of legal regulation, legality and law and order in the state. Accordingly, there are many different subjective and objective factors that influence the establishment, restoration and maintenance of law and order at different stages of state development.
However, one of the main ones is the streamlining of the legal array regarding its compliance with objectively existing social relations, which should be one of the constant tasks of the subjects of law-making activity.
Key words: legislation, regulation, martial law, efficiency, European Union, improvement, constitutionalization, European principles, international standards, European integration, Armed Forces of Ukraine, lawmaking, politics.
1.Parkhomenko N. M. Rozvytok zakonodavstva Ukrainy v konteksti konstytutsionalizatsii, yevrointehratsii ta zabezpechennia prav liudyny: Monohrafiia. Kyiv: Instytut derzhavy i prava im. V. M. Koretskoho NAN Ukrainy, 2016. 254 s.
2.Tsvetkov V. V. Pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti derzhavnoho upravlinnia – vazhlyvameta yoho reformuvannia. Reformuvannia derzhavnoho upravlinnia v Ukraini: problemy i perspektyvy. Kyiv, 1998. 364 s.
3. Ryndiuk V. I. Uporiadkuvannia zakonodavstva Ukrainy: teoretyko-metodolohichnyi ta tekhniko-yurydychnyi aspekty: monohrafiia / Derzh. vyshch. navch. zakl. «Kyiv. nats. ekonom. un-t im. Vadyma Hetmana». Kyiv: KNEU, 2021. 407 s.
4. Tam samo.
5. Slinko S. S. Pravotvorcha polityka derzhavy v suchasnykh umovakh aktyvizatsii pravotvorchoi diialnosti. Universytetski naukovi zapysky. 2012. ¹ 4. S. 79–83.
6. Dohovir pro zasnuvannia Yevropeiskoi Spilnoty (konsolidovana versiia stanom na 1 sichnia 2005 roku). URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_017#Text
7. Parkhomenko N. Konstytutsyonnost y konstytutsyonalyzatsyia zakonodatelstva Ukrayni: teoretycheskye aspektû. Vestnyk TvHU. Seryia «Pravo». 2012. Vûp. 31. S. 165–166.
8. Cherpyshchuk Ya. V. Konstytutsionalizatsiia protsesu yevropeiskoi intehratsii Ukrainy: dys.... kand.. yuryd.nauk: 10.00.02. Odesa, 2013. 202 s.
9. Kononenko N., Chernysh O. Yevropeiski tsinnosti ta ukrainskyi politychnyi klas: chy vdastsia vidirvatysia vid «vizantiishchyny»? URL: https://detector.media/infospace/ article/124179/2017-03-17-evropeiski-tsmnostita-ukramskp-poPtichshi-klas-cÛvdaetsya-vidirvatisya-vid-vizantiishchini/ (data zvernennia: 18.08.2018).