The scientific-practical Law Journal
“Almanac of Law” Volume 14 (2023), 372- 376 p.
Teremtsova N. V. The problem of determining the role and place of officials in local self-government bodies.
The article deals with powers of officials appointed to the positions of local self-government bodies. As the title implies the article describes places of officials in local self-government bodies.
In connection with the strengthening of the social policy of the Ukrainian state, which offers the provision of high quality, comfortable living conditions of the population, as well as a favorable human environment, the role and importance of the work of local self-government bodies and officials in this structure, as a constitutional and legal institution, functionally increases – the purpose of which will be to ensure the needs of citizens at their place of residence in the form of providing public services to the population. At the same time, every citizen of Ukraine should have an understanding of the powers of officials of local self-government bodies.
It is noted separately that in addition to the powers of officials of local self-government bodies, they also have duties: compliance with the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, other normative legal acts, acts of local selfgovernment bodies; ensuring effective activity of local self-government bodies in accordance with their powers; observance of human and citizen rights and freedoms; preservation of state secrets, information about citizens that became known to them in connection with the performance of official duties, as well as other information that, according to the law, is not subject to disclosure; constant improvement of the organization of one’s work, improvement of professional qualifications; conscientious attitude to the performance of official duties, initiative and creativity in work; respectful attitude towards citizens and their appeals to local self-government bodies, concern for a high level of culture, communication and behavior, authority of local self-government bodies and officials; preventing actions or inactions that may harm the interests of local self-government and the state.
In order for officials of local self-government bodies to be able to effectively participate in solving the tasks set by the population, they must be systematically organized as a specific form of public power, which is provided for by the Constitution of Ukraine. The fulfillment of this condition is directly related to the improvement of the organizational and legal foundations of local self-government. This process takes place at the state and local levels. The Law of Ukraine «On Local Self-Government Bodies» is of great importance in order to overcome this problem regarding the powers of officials appointed to the posts of local self-government bodies. The article is of great help to legal scholars and law students.
The author comes to the conclusion that officials of local self-government bodies in exercising their powers should be: 1) ready to lead the team in the field of their professional activity, tolerantly perceiving social, ethnic, religious and cultural differences; 2) possess personnel management technologies, possess skills and be ready to form teams to solve assigned tasks; 3) have the ability to critically evaluate information and constructively make decisions based on analysis and synthesis.
Key words: state, social policy, local self-government bodies, officials, Constitutional and Legal Institute, citizens, public services.
1. Pro mistseve samovriaduvannia v Ukraini. Zakon Ukrainy. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. 1997. ¹ 24. St. 170. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
2. Pro sluzhbu v orhanakh mistsevoho samovriaduvannia: Zakon Ukrainy. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. 2001. ¹ 33. St. 175. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
3. Konstytutsiia Ukrainy: Zakon Ukrainy. URL: https://www.president.gov.ua
4. Rishennia KSU 16 kvitnia 2009 roku ¹ 7-rp/2009. Sprava ¹ 1-9/2009. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
5. Ievropeska Khartiia mistsevoho samovriaduvannia, m. Strasburh, 15 zhovtnia 1985 roku. Khartiiu ratyfikovano Zakonom ¹ 452/97-VR vid 15.07.97. Dokument ¹ 994_036. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
6. Pro zasady derzhavnoi rehuliatornoi polityky u sferi hospodarskoi diialnosti: Zakon Ukrainy ¹ 1160-IV. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. 2004. ¹ 9. St. 79. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua
7. Zbirka krashchykh dopovidei na zasidanni kruhloho stolu z predmetu «Teoriia prava». Vypusk p‘iatyi «Teoriia prava ta derzhavy» / Za zah. red. Teremtsovoi N. V. Kyiv: TOV «Inter Lohistik Ukraina», 2015. 214 s.
8. Teremtsova N. Biudzhetnyi protses za zakonodavstvom Ukrainy: monohrafiia. Kyiv: Vyd. TOV «Inter Lohistyk Ukrainy», 2010. 240 s.
9. Pro derzhavnu pidtrymku investytsiinykh proektiv iz znachnymy investytsiiamy v Ukraini: Zakon Ukrainy vid 17.12.2020 ¹ 1116-IX. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1116-20#Text
10. Pro spivrobitnytstvo terytorialnykh hromad: Zakon Ukrainy ¹ 1508-VII. Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy. 2014. ¹ 34. St. 1167. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua